Car paint oxidation is one of the most unpleasant things that can happen to the visual image of your car. First, it can be quite unexpected, second, lots of people simply do not know how to deal with it and what is more important – how to prevent this misfortune.
So what, in fact, is paint oxidation? The scientific explanation is the following: the combination of heat and oxygen causes the molecular breakdown of paint structure.
Simply speaking, here are the most common reasons for paint oxidation. Read on and find out some new and useful info for you:
1) UV rays or, simply speaking, sun. There is a thing you cannot hide from, especially if you a driving long distances every day. You can do nothing about the sun, but there is an option that can save your car or at least suspend paint damage and oxidation removal in the long run. Try parking your car in buildings. This way it will not be exposed to open sun and it will definitely thank you for that.
2) Bio-hazardous debris. Pollution, acids, leaves and everything that is naturally produced can damage your car paint. Just beware – the longer this kind of things are on your car – the worst paint oxidation troubles you may have in the future.
3) Bad paint. This is not the most common reason of paint oxidation, still, it happens to some people who decided to save on cheap paint.
Preventing car paint oxidation
1) Clean your car regularly. Car cleaning is an essential for its long life and great condition. It is better that you do it not on your own. Trust professionals who will wash your car professionally.
2) Make sure to dry it after cleaning. It is another part of a quest against paint oxidation. As a rule, people just forget about this detail. As a result – huge expenses on repainting or oxidation removal.
3) Wax your vehicle to protect the paint. Do not neglect to wax your car at least twice a year. It can secure your car paint and prevent oxidation.
The worst outcome that you can have without adhering to the basic rules listed above is adding a new coat of paint. The best case scenario is oxidation removal. We are the people who know everything about oxidation removal and car detailing in Phoenix, just call us and we will save your car.